Sunday, August 16, 2009

T.I.A.


I like to prepare before every class I teach. There's always something special to share with everybody. Last week, I prepared by reading an article I found by accident in a magazine, which I also found by accident - as if "accidents" existed, right?! The article is called "Just Say T-I-A" by Paul Sutherland. He goes on telling about the difficulties his family had while adopting a child in Africa. Every time something went wrong, his wife would say T-I-A, meaning "This Is Africa, what else can be done?" He decided to apply this concept to life in general using T-I-A as "This Is Acceptable."

Now, this is a very interesting concept because it entitles a total "let go" approach to life. No control. Acceptance. No judgement. Acceptance. Love. Gratitude. Acceptance.
Sometimes, things are just what they are! Anger, frustration, resentment, a "I'm a victim" attitude will not change what it is. Therefore, T-I-A... accept what can't be controlled, what can't be changed. Love, gratitude, living a life that comes from the heart are better responses to life's pitfalls. T-I-A!!
And now you are wondering, "What the heck does the squirrel in the picture have to do with all this?" Well... T-I-A!!
Shanti Shanti Shanti

No comments:

Post a Comment